On request (99021)
Head of global travel retail
COMMERCIAL AND MARKETING LEADER | GLOBAL TRAVEL RETAIL | BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
A driven, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic global commercial and marketing leader, with over 20 years of forging international business development, sales and marketing across channels, and sales operations, leading special retail projects and business transformations.
Skilled in end-to-end negotiations, brand and portfolio management, product launches and innovation, I enjoy creating new businesses and building strong, sustainable relationships with teams, commercial partners, and global stakeholders, and fully committed to working with companies with huge, positive impacts on sustainability and making a difference.
Expertise : Business start-ups, turnarounds, negotiations, retail merchandising and new market entry for consumer goods
Leadership with top-to-top key customer network, stakeholder relationship, team leadership and development • Innovative and out-of-the-box thinking
Special development projects end-to-end leadership (concept shops, flagship stores, ecommerce, new product/category launches, innovation, key account partnerships, process improvements and business turn-around, and operations)
Stakeholder Management, external relations, PR, vendors/suppliers, industry network building
Commitment to ESG
Head of travel retail (2012 - 2022)
Head of business/ General Management: (2012 - 2022)
• Hired, led, coached, and developed a global team of 7 core members through the years. Grew Duty Free and Travel Retail by over 19% in 2020 despite COVID travel lockdowns by shifting portfolio and customer focus.
• Led key global retailer negotiations and Trade to Trade engagement, industry networks and partnerships, managing stakeholders across the business and presenting to C Suite resulting in multi-market expansion agreements and listings.
• Worked with multiple cross-functional teams to launch 12 iconic brands into the airport market, delivered the first airport breakthroughs for multiple brands, partnered with retailers for store opening campaigns (ie Lagardere in Changi, Dufry in Bali)
• Full financial and P&L responsibility for the business unit Business Development and Innovation:
• Analyzed financial and qualitative opportunities, and created a new, untapped business channel by building non-organic capabilities within the organization to manage a niche and untapped channel that opened >€50M opportunities for the company across verticals (retail and B2B), covering multiple categories.
• Launched the first dedicated brand into premium DF&TR creating a “new category” within ************** with competing brands following suit thereby creating awareness. Multiple brand launches across categories and price tiers
• Worked on innovation projects such as end-to-end new product development
• Established strategic global partnerships, developed trade networks and Joint Business Planning with key global top 10 customers representing ~70% of global business. Brand & Trade Marketing, Retail Merchandising:
• Led key strategic and operational end-to-end projects to deliver at least 150+% monthly offtake growth working with the customers and multiple stakeholders for HPPs/SPPs, concept stores, shop-in-shops and flagship stores.
• Implementation, execution excellence, and evaluation of marketing programs for continuous improvement and transformation i.e. monthly thematics, gift-with-purchase programs and major promotional sponsorships, guided by the shopper and consumer insights from market research and studies.
• Created selling tools and bespoke solutions for business managers and retail sales teams. • Negotiated with retailers for display space allocation and location, BAs and staff training.
• Continuous improvement and step-change of ******************* Travel Retail’s presence in TFAP and TFWE, allowing for efficient management of budgets, and creative display of multi-category portfolio whilst remaining true to each brand’s identity.
• Created and conducted DF&TR staff training modules.
• Led external and industry partnerships, including media and research networks and trade associations.