Accomplished Sales Director | Head of Sales | Senior Business Development Manager, expert with 15+ years’ experience in establishing, developing and executing tactical sales and marketing strategies to maximise revenue and profitability across competitive retail settings. Recognised for success in launching new brands from scratch and growing market-leading brands, with a proven track record in transforming P&L and maximising brand performance. Offers strong international experience and cultural awareness having lived and worked globally across the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Indian subcontinent and Europe. Able to quickly identify new opportunities and improvements, as a strategic-thinking leader focused on adding value, while being able to drive new business development and marketing in both new and developed markets. An authentic people manager, committed to leading, guiding, aligning and empowering cross-functional teams.
▪ Sales Strategy and Management
▪ Duty Free / Travel & Domestic Retail
▪ Revenue Stream Development
▪ New Business Development
▪ Brand Launch & Management
▪ Strategic Planning
▪ Customer Relationship Management
▪ Market Development & Growth
▪ Marketing – New & Developed Markets
▪ P&L Management
▪ Cross-functional Team Leadership
▪ Mentoring, Coaching and Development
Jan 2023 to Present: Regional Lead, EMEA, India & Growth Markets
▪ Received further promotion with extended region and additional responsibility of running the Travel Retail Europe business, with full P&L ownership.
▪ Led, mentored and developed a high-performing team.
▪ Succeeded in delivering significant improvements to supply chain efficiencies and a 15% Europe OI improvement, by leading, directing and coordinating a high-performing, cross-functional business transformation team.
▪ Conceptualised and created an innovative new, brand-led communication and portfolio strategy to redefine and enhance MEA region category share by 5%.
▪ Crafted the development and implementation of a regional priority matrix to define customer roles, focus growth agenda and shape the investment strategy, which was subsequently adopted and rolled out globally.
Jul 2018 to Jan 2023: Regional Lead, MEA, India & Growth Markets
▪ Promoted to Regional Lead and relocated to Dubai to lead and coordinate the MEA region, with full regional P&L ownership.
▪ Shaped and led execution of a strategic regional business transformation initiative.
▪ Played a leading role in the development of a 3-year strategic plan for the organisation’s growth agenda.
▪ Instrumental in delivering, developing and executing a critical transformation strategy.
▪ Played a key role in launching a portfolio into the Africa Travel Retail market in 2019.
▪ Succeeded in optimising regional supply chain delivery.
▪ Positioned MEA and India for accelerated return to growth in 2022 and successfully navigated the business through the Covid pandemic.
Dec 2016 to Jul 2018: Business Manager, Asia South, India & Oceania Regions
▪ As Business Manager, oversaw and coordinated day-to-day sales and business development activities for the regions, with accountability for developing and executing tactical strategies to achieve ambitious targets.
▪ Led delivery of several critical projects aimed at growing revenue, sales and performance.
▪ Delivered, developed and implemented a market entry strategy for the Indian Travel Retail market; launching with 4 key retailers.
▪ Succeeded in delivering GM improvement by reviewing and rationalising the core SEA portfolio based on CFR and profitability data analysis.
▪ Instrumental in developing South Korea Travel Retail business, including Jeju Island, in 2017.
▪ Played a key role in increasing sales revenue by developing a core brand footprint across Australia / NZ.
Jun 2016 to Dec 2016: Customer Marketing Manager, Asia Pacific Region – based in Singapore
▪ Appointed as Customer Marketing Manager for the Asia Pacific region, with ownership for defining, developing and delivering global customer vendor pacsk for WTR communication strategy.
▪ Worked in close collaboration with the US Marketing team to develop and deliver strategies.
▪ Delivered CI savings against regional trade and DME budgets, by leading the successful delivery of a business-critical project to realign and enhance vendor engagement.
▪ Spearheaded the end-to-end delivery of a portfolio analysis / mix management project for key regional customers, to deliver enhanced RPS for active retail space, resulting in significant GM improvement.
Apr 2011 to Jan 2016: Butlers Chocolates, Singapore: Regional Manager – Asia Pacific
▪ Headhunted to the role of Regional Manager, to oversee and coordinate the end-to-end introduction of the company’s portfolio into the Asia Pacific region.
▪ Developed, managed and executed a tactical and successful Travel Retail market entry strategy across the region, launching with 10 key retailers within the first 12-months.
▪ Succeeded in building GS of $4.5M in just 4 years, with listings across all major Travel Retailers, and exceeding annual NS and OI targets.
▪ Instrumental in designing and launching a regional innovation pipeline in collaboration with marketing and product development teams, across 4 years.
Nationality : British