Driven and decisive Global HR Executive offering 25+ years of experience managing human resources teams to deliver compliance, personnel communication & workforce programs. Flexible and focused with expertise in recruitment and retention, mediation, staff training, talent acquisition and development and complex problem resolution. Develops and implements HR strategies in multi-site locations and initiatives aligned with overall business strategy. Have worked in Europe (Ireland, UK, Switzerland), CIS, Middle East, USA, Canada & LATAM.
On request - 10/2022 - Current – Sunrise, Florida, USA
• I have responsibility for setting the strategic vision for the HR function and building a multifaceted HR department to support business needs. Reporting directly to the company CEO, I serve as a trusted advisor and partner to the executive team to ensure the company attracts, develops, and retains world-class talent focused on building incredible, customer-centric cultures. Responsibilities will include:
• Create a world class people and talent strategy that aligns with the Vision, Mission, and Values/Behaviors throughout the company and drives a high-performance culture.
• Lead all aspects of the function including talent acquisition, people operations, performance management, organization development, onboarding, HR Consulting, compensation & benefits, retention and more.
• Define, develop, and deploy a system for ongoing measurement of employee engagement and driving proactive steps to increase employee engagement and retention.
• Create business-oriented policies and procedures for the human resources function that drive clarity and transparency for managers and employees.
• Provide active guidance and partnership to the Executive Team on human capital strategies.
• Provide HR guidance and leadership on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, and diversity and inclusion.
• Scale the amazing company culture to maintain the extremely high employee satisfaction and retention rates as well as ensuring the team continues to live and breathe its key values.
• Develop innovative ways to drive employee engagement and build a vibrant and authentic culture that allows employees to collaborate, create value, and thrive across a distributed workforce.
• Serve as an active member of the Executive Team
On request (Private Equity) |10/2020 – 10/2022 – Remote: USA
• I collaborate with leadership to define the People & talent acquisition strategies for the organizations long- term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent acquisition, talent management and culture.
• Close cross-departmental engagement with, Finance, Internal Communications, Business Systems, IT, Operations, Business Development & HQ company executives.
• Duties/Responsibilities Lead & contribute to special projects and assignments as needed.
• I partner with executive teams and functional leadership to ensure People strategies are imbedded in departments to support business goals and culture.
• Create and foster strategies and processes to ensure department head accountability in support of People strategies and initiatives.
• Ensure all People Operations are in order and efficient, including talent aquation, HR policies, succession planning, employee relations, performance management, health and safety, inclusion, leadership development compensation, and benefits.
• Champion the values and vision of the company by leading to ensure a positive work environment to drive the highest levels of employee engagement.
• Oversee, occasionally manage, and resolves complex employee relations issues.
• Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
• I work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Works closely with management to identify training needs, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Leads, manage, and develop the Global People Operations team Oversee HR legal compliance and risk management across the organization.
On request - Miami, USA, USA - 05/2012 - 07/2020
• Promoted & assigned to the Americas Home Office including the Group Supply Chain/Logistics, Distribution center in Miami & COE for the Global Legal Department & ______ Cruise Services Division.
• I developed and ran the implementation of an integrated People & Partner Resources Strategy which was aligned with and supported the achievement of the Global Business Strategy.
• I was a member of the M&A People integration project team during the _______________ acquisition.
• Under my direction the Divisional HR Office played a proactive role in: Delighting Dufry Customers, Supporting Operational Efficiency, Growing Sales & Profitability.
• Provided overall leadership and guidance to HR functions by overseeing HR administration, talent acquisition, payroll, HRIS for the US, compensation, benefits, employee relations & department budget.
• I provided advice and professional HR service to Management & Staff in line with Employment Legislation, payroll oversight and Company policies & procedures.
• A trustee member of the 401K Pension board.
• Managed 8 HR Managers within South /Latin America & Caribbean.
• Business Strategy: Contributed to the Company Business Strategy ensuring HR Strategy supported achievement of business results, including M&A people projects and developed a positive work culture.
On request - Switzerland, Switzerland - 09/2009 - 04/2012
• Based in the HQ Switzerland, I lead the Global HR strategy discussions and generated plans for implementation in accordance with Dufry's objectives; made proposals to senior management regarding human resources projects.
• Applied knowledge of business strategies to proactively anticipate business needs based on industry trends.
• I provided strategic leadership and general direction to managers and staff.
• I led in establishing human resources strategic projects and objectives that had Global wide impact.
• Ensuring the operations 'effectively achieved HR & Training objectives.
• A key responsibility was to attract, retain and motivate talent, particularly leaders, in an extremely competitive recruiting environment.
• I was an advocate for recognition and robust career development opportunities within the HR organization, promoting internal excellence.
• I implemented and supported human resources corporate programs and policies, ie, talent development, rewards & recognition & employee benefits.
• Program managed the portfolio of learning solutions/training programs to ensure deliverables and objectives where met.
• Provided leadership and direction on strategic HR project roll-out to 7 Regional HR Directors in six global regional offices (Brazil, USA, Europe, Africa & the Middle East).
• Assisted with the annual Compensation & Benefit activities (merit adjustments, bonuses, other award programs, health plans) for assigned businesses / regions and provides consultation to business managers to ensure thorough understanding of plans and programs.
On request - Dublin, Ireland, Ireland - 09/2008 - 08/2009
• Partnered with the newly created regional international executive team on the design and delivery of HR projects.
On request - 07/2006 - 08/2008
• Worked with 3 major Middle East Retail Companies in Kuwait, Bahrain & KSA
• Established department manpower, recruitment, induction, training & development, performance management and succession plans.
Education and Training
University of Leicester | Leicester, United Kingdom | 01/1998
Master of Science: HRM & Training
Limerick University, Irish Institute of Training & Development (SHRM Certified Equivalent)
Associate of Science: Human Resources & Training
Chartered Institute of Marketing | University of West London | 01/1990
Associate of Science: Business Marketing
Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
Activities and Honors
HRO Today: USA - CHRO Leader of Distinction 2019
Top Workplace South Florida 2015/16/17
Best Place to Work Florida 2017 awards.